The Design Investigations (ID2) Department at the University of Applied Arts is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, curious and well-organised Assistant Editor to work on an upcoming publication.
What you can expect from us
This is a temporary contract for 8-9 months, commencing in October 2022 The estimated publication date is in June 2023. Hours: Part time – Deadline-oriented working hours with a lot of flexibility and personal responsibility The basis for employment will be a “Werkvertrag” for the amount of € 6.000,-
Essential Requirements The following criteria are essential for the role:
● You’ll have a good knowledge and understanding of academic and design publications and be able to combine creative flair and critical thinking with a good eye for detail.
● You will need prior editorial experience, ideally within an academic or design context. The publication will be in English, so excellent English language skills are a must.
● You’ll need to be highly efficient, able to work well under pressure, multi-task and organise yourself effectively.
● You’ll be proactive and adaptable, and have excellent communication skills to interact with colleagues and contributors alike.
● An interest in and commitment to the areas of design, sustainability, climate change would be an advantage.
If you’re up for the challenge, please apply by the 28th of June 2022 via mail email@example.com. Interviews are likely to take place on the 13th and 15th of July. Suitable candidates will be informed of dates for interviews via email. Your application should include:
● A CV highlighting applicable skills and demonstrable experience relevant to this role only, including publications, writing materials, editorial projects.
● Recent research and writing samples illustrating different media (ie. research papers, essays, proposals, blog posts, social media)
● A short cover letter letting us know what gets you excited about research and writing and why you want to work with us.